This 12 months we have now coated a variety of subjects relating to technological innovation. Our web site has witnessed carbon dioxide rocks to fight international warming, moss-covered tires that purify the air whereas on the transfer, an limitless variety of biomimetic options comparable to buildings with refrigeration programs impressed by pine-tree cones or tide generators based mostly on the motion of seaweeds, sensible nightwear that screens vitals… And nanotechnology, a great deal of nanotechnology.
1. You absolutely use one type of wearable or one other to trace your health and perhaps showcase on social media, however this know-how goes a step past. A brand new vary of garments that alert of coronary heart situations and different well being points. Hopefully, they may quickly be utilized in hospitals to help docs of their every day work.
2. Biomimicry, i.e., the science that pulls its inspiration from nature to innovate is a captivating subject of information. In truth, we devoted a complete article to it some time in the past. Among the many information that piqued our curiosity was the implementation of pine cone constructions, which develop or contract within the presence of moisture, to constructing roofs. Thus, the constructions would fold when uncovered to rain and, conversely, open on sunny days.
3. We’re used to coping with subjects associated to renewable vitality, however this technique is sort of exceptional, as it might probably generate electrical energy based mostly solely on the temperature variations within the day/evening cycles.
4. If international warming had been to be a film, carbon dioxide will surely be solid because the villain. On this article, whereas ready for a discount of carbon dioxide emissions, we explored different progressive options because the mineral carbonation of CO2. Sure, remodeling this fuel right into a innocent rock.
5. Photo voltaic thermal is without doubt one of the least identified options inside renewable vitality. This undertaking improves the effectivity and prices of one of these crops by combining them with photo voltaic PV, which permits creating photo voltaic thermal farms the place the heliostats (reflectors) behave like sunflowers and observe the solar mechanically to optimize the quantity of photo voltaic radiation absorbed.
6. Driverless vehicles obtain a great deal of information protection, however one of these autos even have functions in different fields, particularly in hostile and excessive environments. For example, mining is without doubt one of the industries the place robotics will enhance the security and effectivity of labor environments.
7. And, talking of utmost environments, underwater exploration and the offshore trade are additionally benefiting from using autonomous robots. Harmful upkeep duties at the moment are carried out by swarms of machines working around the clock. Study in regards to the SWARMs undertaking and its functions.
8. Seawater desalination is an costly and power-hungry know-how. Any answer, subsequently, aiming to optimize its effectivity is nice information certainly. On this case, the scientists created a nanostructured membrane impressed by the fur of polar bears. By the best way, we additionally discovered that the polar bear fur isn’t white, however really translucent.
9. And extra biomimicry. The sense of contact in robots is a quickly creating subject: the brand new machines can deal with heavy hundreds, but in addition are in a position to work with fragile and delicate objects. This know-how was impressed by the whiskers of seals to develop a brand new technology of extraordinarily delicate robots.
10. Generally, searching for the newest information we are inclined to overlook that among the solutions to our modern challenges can cover in probably the most distant previous. For instance, an Egyptian pigment that’s getting used to chill buildings due to its uncommon reflective properties.
11. Should you thought that electrical autos had been the apex of inexperienced applied sciences, wait till you learn this. A tire producer advised remodeling vehicles into gardens on wheels by implementing moss in them. The purpose was to seize carbon dioxide and create sensible wheels that may warn different drivers about any maneuvers.
Should you don’t wish to miss any headlines from Imnovation-Hub, simply subscribe to our information alerts and we are going to hold you up to date on the newest science and know-how information.